Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Roars Of Change

The last few months have seen some changes, some challenges, some new horizons.  My company merged with a bigger company and my job changed.  My husband traded a shore side job for one out at sea, gone for 40 days at a time.  And this whole time we've been gearing up to high school graduation and half an empty nest and a newly licensed driver.

The changes in our life aren't softly singing.  They are roaring and ferocious and I've got to say, I'm exhausted.

Yet, as I came home from work and started mowing the lawn, I felt strong and capable.  I can do this.  I can kiss my husband goodbye, straighten my son's cap and gown, see my daughter take her first solo drive and survive.

Those changes haven't heard a roar until they've heard mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment