Thursday, January 8, 2015

This Will Be A Funny Story

Last week when we read through our year of blessings, I read one that I had written, saying whatever is living under the porch and making the dogs crazy, is going to make a funny story one day.

That's how I live my life.  I take the no good, horrible, rotten, bad day events and try to find the humor.  Or at least tell myself one day this too will be a funny story.

Today for instance.  It's foggy, I turn on my headlights, and as I am known to do, I left them on.  Much later when I got in the car, I realized I had a dead battery.  

Here's where it gets funny.

The handle to the driver's door isn't working.  I have to roll down the window to open my door with the outside handle. But I have power windows, so I can't get out. The passenger seat is full of boxes and bags, inventory for my shop.  So is the back seat, but I think I can wiggle between the seats and get out the back.

But do I really want to?  I have my phone, my daughter is on her way to help.  I could just sit in the car and be fine.....

Except, as soon as I think that, I realize I have to go to the bathroom.  I suffer through several minutes of toe tapping, debating the worth of wiggling, before I decide I have to go. I can't wait.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and as my butt was stuck up in the windshield, while I contorted my way to freedom, all without wetting my pants, I knew, this will be a funny story.

It pairs nicely with me getting stuck inside the car, due to the handle (again) only the windows were frozen shut and I was wearing a skirt and decided dignity was a nice thing and just waited until the car was literally an oven and the windows unstuck.

I think this door handle business is only going to be funny for about two more stuck in the car stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment