Wednesday, May 16, 2012

We Are The Reason There's A Sign

When our dog Emma was a puppy, an only, spoiled rotten, puppy, we took her with us everywhere.  Thanksgiving and trick or treating, mocha runs, camping, hiking, picnicking, and in the case of my husband, the library.

After he told me he'd taken Emma into the library to pick up a book,  I was shocked.  Dogs aren't allowed in the library.  Well, he reasoned, there is no sign saying she can't.  Puppy Emma took a few more jaunts to the library with my hubby, always without me because I was positive dogs shouldn't be in there just for fun.

The library trips ended after a librarian asked if Emma was in training.  My husband said yes, of course she was in training.  (We are responsible puppy owners, after all.) The next question was to what service was Emma being trained to....um, oh.   She is being trained to the service of not piddling on the floor?

Not going to cut it, and Emma was asked not to come back.

I can't help but wonder if we are the reason for the signs now posted on both sides of the library entrance: Service Dogs Welcome with a picture of a dog wearing a service vest.

Nah.  I'm positive we aren't the only dog crazy people in town.

5 comments:

  1. LOL Loved this!

    I wonder if Emma misses her library trips. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww she should be given a second chance :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah!

    Oh well, you helped them out then. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL; I have to admire your husband's tenacity to take Emma to the library :) I do think they (the dogs) do like to get out and go on errands though; I know our corgi does :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was training to read! What a smart puppy! ;)

    ReplyDelete