Thursday, May 31, 2012

7 Random Facts

One Lovely Blog Award

Lucy gave me the One Lovely Blog Award and I am very thankful!  
Now to list seven random facts about me:

1. My son found me reading "Becoming Sisters Wives" as I was watching the show "Sister Wives." What can I say? The Kody Brown family is fascinating to me!

2. Is there ever an episode of "The Waltons" that doesn't make me tear up?  So far, I haven't found it. Even the one I just watched with the Mamma cow bawling for her lost little calf had me reaching for the tissue.

3. I have a personal rule against going out with my hair wet.  Due to the length and the weight of my hair, getting it dry takes some time, and often is the reason I am late.  I'm not opposed to heading off to work with damp hair, but if the ends of it are making my shirt wet, it's too wet!

4. As a kid, I heard a joke that Willie Nelson had died because he was 'playing on the road again'.....I didn't get it was a joke and was very upset that he was dead.  I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time!

5. Having dogs that can tell time is very inconvenient when I want to write and they are tapping my leg telling me it is their supper time.

6. My sister and I once spent a weekend with my racehorse owning Aunt and Uncle.  I will never forget being back in the stalls, meeting horses, and picking the one we wanted to bet on.  Our pick lost, but it was all so much fun!

7. I have seven tattoos.  If I had a little extra money and a solid design I loved, I'd be getting number eight in asap!  I did like my sister's idea of three waves, for three sisters at the sea.....but only two out of three of us are into tattoos.  I'm not sure if a tattoo for three sisters would be as good if only two got it!

And now to pass it on to a few Blogs I follow........

Which is actually random fact #8: I suck at picking and choosing! Since I've agonized over every blog I follow, trying to decide, (I am embarrassed to say)  for an hour, my daughter suggested I just say thank you and post this so someone else in our family can have access to the computer.  And that is what I'm going to do!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on a well deserved award.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love fact number four--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can laugh now, but at the time, my sister and I were so upset. We may have a serious love for Willie (then and now!)

      Delete
  3. congrats--right there with you on the waltons thing and i have found myself watching sister wives too--shhhh don't tell anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to pick TV watching last night, and I picked Sister Wives....and my kids nicely sat down and watched it with us. It was fun!

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers, but #3 cracked me up because at least twice a week I go to work with total wet head! But, in my defense, I sit in the basement and it dries quickly and looks good when it does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer a controlled drying in a contained environment....that way, my flat iron is handy if any curly-q's get out of hand!

      Delete
  5. That weekend is one of my favorite memories! That plus the camping trip ;) I am all for the new tattoo. B is upset we didn't do it in Seaside, figure we just take L with us even though she doesn't want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I just wrap my hair in a towel and wait about two minutes. It usually takes out the excess moisture ... usually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go (literally) with my hair in a towel for an hour, and when let down, it might not soak my shirt, but it is still wet enough to require a hair dryer. My bangs, on the other side of that hour, are a fright!

      Delete
  7. I have one tattoo and a few designs (drawn by my spectacularly talented sister & husband) to choose between, but it's not in the budget at the moment. The one I do have was part of my reward to myself for my first (and so far only) major sale of my writing. Yet another reason for me to get motivated and write more often. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish I could have more tatoos. I have one (supposed to be temporary) but it didn't scare well. I had a celtic knot design on my wedding dress that I would love to get across the bottom of my back, I don't think it will ever happen though!!

    How is your ruling on going to bed with wet hair??? I tend to wash the night before and go to sleep, often with plaits in ;-)

    Loved your facts!!

    ReplyDelete