Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don Williams Sings The Anthems Of My Life

Don Williams rocks.

Most of you are doing some head scratching and wondering who that is.

Just one of the best country singers of all time! Not even joking, I would pick him over Conway. And that is saying a lot because I love, adore and revere Conway Twitty.  So many of the songs Don Williams croons just zing right to my heart, fill me to the brim with warm goodness, and pretty much sum up my feelings in some beautifully worded lyrics.

....It must be love, it must be love, I fall like a sparrow, fly like a dove
You must be the dream, I’ve been dreamin’ of, Oh what a feeling, it must be love....

....And I’m gonna stay, right here ‘cause I’m in rhythm with your mind
Tune out the world and rest my head 'neath the shelter of your eyes......

....You placed gold on my finger, you brought love like I’ve never known.....

....But I believe in love, I believe in babies, I believe in Mom and Dad, and I believe in you.....

.....Lord, I hope this day is good, I'm feeling empty and misunderstood
I should be thankful Lord, I know I should,  but Lord I hope this day is good.....

....These are the ties that bind, the little things you do that please me so,
the way you always understand, when simple joys bring peace of mind.....

....But I knew there was you all the while, and it’s been worth every mile....

....Till the rivers all run dry, till the sun falls from the sky, till life on earth is through, I’ll be needing you.....

There are lots more that I'd write about, with some of my favorites having a 'lay down beside me' spooning kind of theme, but my daughter asked me not to embarrass her or gross her out.  And she also asked me to write about her, so I'm knocking two requests out with one home run swing!

Don Williams: he sings the anthems of my life.


This post inspired by prompt #5 at Mama's Losin' It!


3 comments:

  1. I love it when other peoples songs fit our lives so perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to have to check those songs out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete