Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm It, Part One

I was tagged by Sleepy Joe and I've given her 11 questions some serious thinkage....and here are my answers!

1. Who is your literary hero? I have read so many books and have characters I love like Anne of Green Gables, Beany Malone, Mrs Mike, but if I had to pick a hero it is Mrs. Weasley.
2. Why? She loves her family, she loves Harry, she knows when to send a howler and when to give a sweater and in the last book (my favorite of the series) she wipes the floor with Bellatrix, proving once again that you should never poke a mother bear. She's fearless, ferocious, and has one goal: to protect her cub.  I quite like that.
3. What is your favorite children's book? "My Daddy's Mustache" by Naomi Panush Salus. I picked this book off the Scholastic book club flyer when I was in kindergarten and I still have it, barely holding together, tucked away in the top of my dresser, treasured.  When I read it, I always think of my Dad.  He never had a  chance to read it to me, but the fact that it is devoted to a dad's mustache makes me remember him.
4. Are you a closet reader, are there some books you won't admit to reading? Oh yes.  And that is all I have to say about that!
5. Do you have any regrets in life? In the song, "My Way," Frank Sinatra says, 'Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.' That sums up how I live my life.
6. Name one ambition, not including getting your writing published. My highest goal, my greatest ambition is  to see my children grown and pursuing happiness.  I don't care if they write books or stock shelves at Costco, as long as they are happy and satisfied.
7. Heels or flats on a night out? Depends!  If I think I'm going to be standing around a lot, I wear sensible flats. I've been too close to a mosh pit to think heels are the right choice in that situation!  But for a romantic date, I will wear my heels.  Notice, I do not think romance and mosh pits are one in the same!
8. What is your comfort food? Homemade spaghetti sauce.  I make it for celebrations or for days I need a pick me up. I love the aroma of simmering sauce, I love pasta, I love that the whole family anticipates the meal.  No matter how stressed or bummed out I was when I started cooking, I walk away from the stove content and happy.
9. Normal clothes or comfy PJ's? I will split the difference with my yoga pants.  I love the comfort of them and in a pinch, can still go to the store without looking too out of place.  P.S. My husband hates them!
10. What is your favorite film?  I have so many favorites!  "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" and "The Man Who Knew Too Much" are two that I can watch again and again.
11.  Coke or Pepsi? Coke all the way!  At a restaurant when they ask, "Is Pepsi okay?" it never is.  I'll just have a glass of tepid tap water, thanks all the same.

Thanks for the tag, Sleepy Joe!  I enjoyed your questions!

7 comments:

  1. What? You have a good homemade spaghetti sauce recipe? Do you mind, ahem, perhaps sharing it? I can't find one I love. It's a tragedy, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pull it out and post it soon! I'm all for sharing good food.

      Delete
  2. Good questions and excellent answers.

    Have a great week-end;

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really fun to read! I love the last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #3. I love that you still have the book tucked away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucked away, and occasionally read by me. I still love it!

      Delete
  5. I love all of your answers; Mrs Weasley is an amazing answer, I love that you have been close enough to a mosh pit (jealous), I think it is great that you still have your favourite childrens book (and that it reminds you of your Dad), your ambition is soo perfect and that you are a closet reader too (I won't mention the most recent trilogy I have just read!!).

    But oh no, I am a pepsi drinker :-O

    Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete