Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good News, Bad News

The bad news first: my poor daughter has the stomach flu.  She was up in the night, sick and miserable.

The good news: finally, finally, finally, I have two kids who can recognize when they are about to toss their cookies and can make it to the toilet.  It's been a long road, and when she knocked on our bedroom door in the night to tell us she was sick, I was struggling to get up and deal with cleaning up the floor and trying to remember what might gotten caught in the cross fire.

I asked if she'd thrown up in the living room and she said no.  She'd made it to the toilet.

I'm trying to not be giddy over this (and that fact that I feel giddy might be related to lack of sleep) but after almost 17 years of knowing the first vomit of  an illness would be on the floor, this is very big news!

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Michelle! Nobody likes to wake up to vomit on the floor, or bed, or ceiling, or anywhere but the toilet! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very big news, indeed! It's the sort of news I have to look forward to.

    I hope your daughter is feeling better soon, whether it's in the toilet or not, it's no fun to have to throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i can imagine your excitement about making it to the toilet---so sorry she is sick--that stuff is the worst--hope everyone else in your house is spared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that she's sick. Yay for you, though! (Oh, how I understand this. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you! Big step for you and your kids ;) I told M that L & D still didn't know how to puke in the toilet, but I will tell him I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you child gets well real soon. Nothing is as miserable than stomach flu.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful that your kids can make it to the bathroom now when sick. That IS a huge milestone. I pray they make it every time now, for the rest of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone! She is feeling better, and so far, no one else feels ill. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete