Saturday, June 30, 2012

What She Learned In Seattle

My daughter recently returned from a visit/babysitting job with my sister in Seattle.  She came home more in love with Seattle than she was before, and frankly, she was totally in love with the city before her latest visit!

She came home with a desire to cook a tofu fried rice dish she'd helped make, and while I knew her dad was anti-tofu, I said sure.  She made it and it was good here too.  Tofu will now make an occasional appearance in our menu plan. We'll just let her dad and brother think it's funny tasting chicken!

She developed a love for really good coffee after walking herself to the local coffee shop a few blocks from my sister's house.  She stressed "really good" coffee as I was making a pot of coffee from a giant tub of generic grounds (it was on sale and I had a coupon).

She learned to set aside a few water balloons for the one little guy who is taking a nap because when he wakes up and finds the broken pieces in the grass, he will bring them to her and ask her to fix it so he can have his one of his own.

She re-learned that the Disney Channel is actually chock-full of funny shows, and watching Phineas and Ferb with a 7 year old is not a hardship at all.

And she learned that her five year old cousin knows all the words to this song, The Cave by Mumford & Sons.....which is just beyond cool.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she had a wonderful time! I feel that way every time I go to NYC. :)

    ReplyDelete