Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sleeping In Morning

My husband rolled out of bed pretty early this morning, and in my sleep fuddled state I was pretty worried it was actually Monday and I was late for work.  He reassured me it was not Monday and he just couldn't sleep.  He was going to get up and let me sleep in for a change.

I mentally blew a raspberry at him because I felt wide awake by then, but since he was being very nice, I thought I'd roll over and at least pretend to sleep for a little bit.

That little bit, of course, turned into a long bit, and two hours later, I popped up out of bed, wide awake.  I opened the bedroom door to discover there was a couch in front of it.

That does explain why I slept restfully!  The couch was moved to keep the dogs away from the bedroom door and they couldn't throw themselves against the door, doing a darn good imitation of a slobbering beast trying to break the door down.

Husband and dogs were very pleased to see me, and I was pleased to see them.  Thanks hubs!  I sure did need those extra hours of sleep!

7 comments:

  1. Loved the post. Monday here is dull rainly and windy,,,,,typical.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Classic. Love this story. Yay for Husband knowing all the right steps to take to let you sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs at the bedroom door. Let's face it, if it wasn't the dogs, it would have been the kids. They all conspire against moms getting sleep. Says so in the manual. Good thing for husbands who have your back. Thanks for a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet that he moved the couch in front of the door to prevent the dogs from waking you up! Sleeping in, for moms especially, is rare. So glad you got to sleep in. And how fun to see the happy expressions on people and canines when you emerged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, a sleeping in and a husband that knows how to make it happen, how wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete