Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ten Things I Love About Her

1. I love her brown hair (the same shade as mine) and her big blue eyes.
2. I love how smart she is, and how she reads boring (at least to me) literary books for fun.
3. I love her independence and her ability to march to her own drummer.
4. I love her confidence, and how when she decides she's doing something, she does it.
5. I love how she plays the piano beautifully, how she loves to play, how she loves to practice.
6. I love her no-nonsense ways, how she calmly wipes away the blood to see if a lip needs medical attention.
7. I love how she makes me laugh, her sense of humor has always cracked me up.
8. I love her love of the Beatles, and how she glanced at a note my Dad had written ages ago, and told me that was from a John Lennon song and then told me she thinks my Dad and her had the same taste in music.
9. I love how she is good friends with her brother (and he is likewise).
10. I love how much she has made our family complete, how when the doctor said, "It's a girl!" the puzzle pieces all clicked into place and it is a very good thing.

Happy Birthday Leah!


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got yourself quite a keeper! Happy Birthday Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely girl. She sounds just about a perfect girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's pretty darn wonderful, if I do say so myself!

      Delete
  3. I agree with everything except I'm not so sure our dad would have loved her taste in boy bands! Love that she knew it was a Beetles song, I thought it was just a poem he wrote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all have one embarrassing boy band...ahem...In Sync....ahem?!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful girl and what a wonderfu list.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The list could have gone on and on, but I thought limiting myself to ten would be just right!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tribute, I hope she had a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete