Friday, July 6, 2012

Barefoot Delight

Some moments, some times, when I slip off my shoes and feel the cool hardwood or the texture of carpet or the tickle of grass, it is perfection.  It is almost as if all of my happiness receptors are in the soles of my feet and then the bliss rolls up to my soul.

No socks, no tights, no shoes, no mukluks, flip flops or heels.  Just my feet and me, reveling in the freedom of being bare.....

That is, until I step on something sharp, usually something elusive, that I can't see, can't find, but am positive will step on again.  The delight stops there!

I have developed a terrible habit of slipping my shoes off when I sit at my desk at work.  I'm not actually aware of doing it, I'm just sitting at the desk, scanning and answering phones and suddenly I'm shoeless.  Apparently, under my desk is where used staples go to die.  Now, I can't prove it, exactly, because I can't see them, but ouch!  I'm very aware of when bare foot and sharp staple collide.

That spiked sting of pain has not broken me of the habit.  This is all to explain why someday soon, I'm going to found under the desk with a flashlight, pulling those visible to a bare foot only staples out of the carpet fibers!

6 comments:

  1. I like going arond bare footed indoors, makes one feel free from all life's tensions and stresses.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Though it's little bit interesting but I wanna suggest you to be like that what gives you much comfort. Be relax... be shoeless...nothing will spoil for it but ensuring your peace ;). Good luck.
      cool tights

      Delete
  2. Ouch to staples. Legos are the worst however. I live in FL and hardly wear shoes. I have become a bare-foot gal. If we ever move north, I'm in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me chuckle--entirely sympathetically of course. I used to work at the flower shop and, completely stupidly, would go barefoot there in the office and back room as long as there were not customers around. You know how when you get a dozen roses in a fancy box or vase, none of them has thorns? You know where a great many of those thorns end up? On the floor(s) of flower shop(s) until they can be swept up. I was always very careful in the work area to watch where I was walking and to walk lightly so if I did step on a thorn, it would not actually stab me. Naturally, the only thorns I ever stepped on were the ones that had traveled on the bottoms of someone else's shoes to the carpeted area of the office where I did not walk carefully even a little bit. And those I stepped on ridiculously hard, driving them in to the point of needing tweezers to get them back out. It's a commentary on just how much I hate shoes that even having to drop everything to surgically remove more than one thorn didn't make me stop going barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The only thing that saves me from surgically removing the staples is the fact that they get stuck in the carpet fiber. Even trying to pull them out of the carpet is ridiculously hard!

      Delete
  4. I can sympathise. I love being bare foot, inside or out. The best concert I ever went to was outside in summer and I danced barefoot in the grass. But staples...ouch, good luck with the removal!

    ReplyDelete