Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Well, I Was Wrong

Yesterday morning, I said I was not going to turn on the furnace.  I just put another layer on and snuggled down on the couch with a cup of hot coffee and stayed cozy until I had to get up to go to work.

And while I was at work, I was warm, even so much as to have the fan blowing on me.

But then I came home for lunch and it was COLD in the house.  I asked my daughter if she thought it was cold in here too, and she said YES.  Freezing cold.

So we turned on the furnace to chase off the chill.

It made my lunch break so much nicer after I got warm again!

7 comments:

  1. Is it still winter there? Here in the Philippines, we always got storms and floods by this time of the year. We've got 2 typhoons so far since this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it's summer in the Pacific Northwest and sometimes that means less hot sun and more damp, chilly, rain!

      Delete
  2. It's COLD in your neighborhood? I'm moving. Send me the directions. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warmed up yesterday afternoon to 70! Time to celebrate!!

      Delete
  3. I love being cold! And I love getting warm after being cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok off to snuggle up under my duvet and warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of strange reading about being cold when it's over 100 here most days lately. In fact for Sunday and Monday they are predicting 111 for Tulsa! EEK!, Oklahoma in July!

    ReplyDelete