Monday, July 30, 2012

My Weekend Find

My husband says I gravitate towards things from the 70's when I shop vintage.  That may be true.  Actually, that is true. There is something about the style, the color, the feel of an item from the 70's that calls to me.

When we go out garage sale-ing, he shakes his head, with a grin, when he sees my hand reach for a harvest gold cup, or an avocado green glass bowl.  He knows I can't help it!

When we got out of our car this past Saturday, and looked across the parking lot at the rummage sale wares, I saw something orange and velour and I had to have it.  I went right to it and when I saw the price, I snapped it up.

What could be better than this darling footstool for $1?

How about it's mate for another $1?

I'd meant for them to go down to my booth, but I made the mistake of putting them in my living room and giving them a test run.  They are the perfect height for our couch and they are comfy for our feet and I think I might keep them!

Even my husband agreed....they are pretty much wonderful for relaxing.....orange velour and all.

I am linking to Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl.

9 comments:

  1. Okay, those foot stools are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. Our oldest and of course The Hubby are suckers for the Vintage stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for an ottoman or foot stool for our living room - - I'm kind of envious! I need to get out to the yard sales, I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yard sales are fun! Glad you found something that made your heart happy. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stools. I love things from the 70's too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! How fun you found a match set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell your husband you are not alone, I too gravitate to anything from the 70's. Nothing wrong with harvest gold or avocado green...they are in again! Love the stools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they're cool! I love the little brass caps on the legs--nice little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love a foot stool of any description...a keeper I would say!!

    ReplyDelete