Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The 4th Of July

I am going to close this favorite holiday, like I've been closing every 4th of July for the last few years.....

Hoping the cops don't want to further our acquaintance!

Backyard fireworks are still legal in our town and as our kids have gotten older, we've moved from sparklers and cutesy fountains, to mortars with booms and eye burning flashes.....We fit right in the with rest of the neighborhood, but that doesn't stop me from worrying that this will be the year that the cops shut us down!

Happy 4th of July!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great 4th of July.
    Enjoyed the post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had fun and didn't need to be bailed out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time, although my daughter took a picture of me that she said captured my look of panic that the cops were going to come and unhappiness that some teens at our place were not being as safe as they needed to be. I sure hope I only looked like that at 11pm, and not all day long!

      Delete
  3. haha, i have friends that do the same--i think the cops look the other way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years we see them slowly cruising the streets, but not this year. Whew!

      Delete
  4. I bet you had fun! If neighbors are shooting off fireworks too, then you can always blame them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was planning! As long as the rest of the neighborhood was going strong, we could too!

      Delete
  5. I was scared when D showed up with his friends. Glad to know no house caught on fire due to your fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got a little crazy and I had to tell one of the friends if he didn't knock it off, he was out of here. He knocked it off! I guess even when I'm limiting fun, our house is still a great pace to be.

      Delete