Friday, April 25, 2008

How To Sort Of Fix A Broken Toilet

As a wife to a part time soldier, I've had to learn to deal with things that I would usually turn over to him. Like super clogged toilets, dog poop on kids shoes, a bat upstairs hanging on the wall. You know, the husband jobs around the house.

So, when the toilet handle suddenly stopped working a few days ago, I took the lid off the tank and told the kids, just pull that lever, you don't even have to get your hands wet. That worked for about four flushes before the white lever broke too.

Frankly, I do not have time in the week to go to the hardware store to find a new handle, so I improvised. I found a really long shoe lace and tied it onto the white lever. Now when you want to flush, you just pull the shoe lace up, and it's all good.

It's working just fine and I have to keep reminding myself, this is a short term fix. It can not wait six weeks until my husband is home.

Or can it?

Just j-king you. I can't live with the tiolet like this. It's a little too white trash even for me!

1 comment:

  1. So, what is the current status of your toilet? Did the toilet take a back seat to the floor project? I just want to be prepared for Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete