Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Winter Trip To Seaside

Growing up, the idea of never having been to the ocean, never having had salty waves lap at my ankles, never breathed in deep of that wonderful tang that is the ocean, never sat on a sandy beach and watched waves crash over themselves in a race to the beach, made me feel weird.  I decided early on I could never live in a land locked state.  There is something soothing to my soul knowing the beach is just a hop, skip and a jump away.

My daughter has the same feel.  So when we asked her if she'd like to have a mini vacation over this past three day weekend, she said yes.  We asked if she had a hearts-desire vacation and she said yes.  Seaside.  It's a five hour drive down to the Oregon Coast, and we couldn't leave until Saturday afternoon, but the call of the literal sea-side was too much to resist.

We went.







It was stormy and rainy and cold and absolutely wonderful.


This post inspired by prompt #3 at Mama's Losin' It!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Seaside! Such a great place to visit. I can imagine how cold and windy it must have been, but always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing the ocean is a pretty much perpetual situation for Hubby and I. There was only a small part of my growing up that involved regular ocean visits--a few years when I was a teenager, but it definitely imprinted upon my soul. We often talk about sneaking away for a day or two, just to stand on the shore for a few hours, but work schedules and demands always seem to interfere.

    ReplyDelete