Thursday, September 11, 2014

Where There Is Hope

One of the first things my daughter said to me this morning is, "It is 9/11 today."

And I replied, "I was just going to say the same thing to you."

While many of the kids at her school will go through today like it is just any other day, there are the children like my daughter who will not forget what happened, who will remember details of the day that changed their lives.

I am not alone in thinking of this day thirteen years ago; I know so many other people are recounting where they were when they heard the news; they will recall with vivid clarity the sorrow and horror that the day brought; it might be 13 years but there are some things that never really go away.  We all move forward, we can't help it.  Life keeps going and one day we realize that we are rising from our pit of grief and taking a few steps towards a hopeful sun rise.

My thoughts today are sad, but I am grateful that I still find hope.  For where there is hope, there is strength to go on.  That sun rise is beckoning a new day.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you this morning. Remembering 13 years ago, felt weird to be back in a kindergarten classroom today.

    ReplyDelete