Thursday, July 24, 2008

Creepy Bathrooms Are Better When They Are Yours

After coming home from a three night camping trip, dealing with disgusting bathrooms and creepy shower stalls, the first thing I did was take a long shower in my own bathroom.

It was so wonderful!

As I washed, I thought how creepy bathrooms are all relative. When we first moved into our house, I detested my bathroom. I felt dirty even after scrubbing the shower several times. It was not right at all. But standing there today I was just so happy to be at home, I realized the ugly, disgusting shower is not so bad anymore.

I know other people look at it and shudder: it has an ancient, chipped bathtub and the shower walls are covered with a lovely golden tropical design. It's creepy to them! But to me, it has become my own.

And after two days of using quarters to buy some minutes in a shower I was repulsed by, I was so glad to come home. 70's tropical motif and all!

2 comments:

  1. There is absolutely no place like home - especially when it comes to bathrooms and beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I love my little pink-tiled, mildew/tobacco stained shower stall. Is that wrong? Considering my bathtub is full of gray, grimy sludge left over from when the shower backed up, I think it is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete