Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Like Being His Old Lady

When I was younger, motorcycles were the things of scary biker gangs and dangerous criminals. As I grew up, I learned that not every motorcycle guy was a member of Hells Angels....but motorcycles were for a certain type of people.

Then my husband bought a bike, and suddenly we are that type of people.

I was pretty nervous the first time I got on the back of his bike. There wasn't a sissy bar, yet, and I felt like I would slide right off. I didn't, he bought a sissy bar, and I've loved riding with him ever since.

And it turns out, I like being his old lady. I like riding bitch and just hanging out enjoying the ride. I've ridden hundreds of miles on road trips, through rain and shine, and have really loved every minute.

Okay. I haven't loved the minutes where I felt he was going to fast on a corner, but we've only scrapped a peg once, so he does know what he's doing. I trust him.

He once asked if he went blind, would I learn how to ride so I could take us both out on the bike....um, no, honey, I'm sorry. I really am! But no. I treasure my spot on the bike behind him. There is no way I'm going to let him be my old lady!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever Randy sees a couple riding he says "that could be us". I say "no way man"...

    Even if I do "owe" him 1 motorcycle, he still has to save enough money for it and I never did say I'd ride on it!

    ReplyDelete