Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow!

As I look out the window this morning, all I can hear is Bing, Danny, Rosemary, and What's Her Name sing, "Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow!" Sorry, What's Her Name, I did recently look you up on Wikipedia and learned that you were one of the most talented dancers of your time, highly sought after for films, but also rumored to be an anorexic, which I absolutely believe to be true....hasn't anyone else looked at her legs and thought, 'yikes', but I can't remember your name, only that it's like two first names and no last name and I'm too lazy to look you up again. My favorite line is Rosemary saying she wants to wash her hair, her face in snow......

That sounds unpleasant!
But that kind of joy they are singing about, the excitement of seeing a foot of snow, all crisp and clean, with the air very brisk, I can understand that. I might not want to go outside to play, but I don't mind a walk, enjoying all that loveliness.
Our yard, our neighborhood, our whole town looks like a winter wonderland. It's beautiful! And totally not what Western Washington expects to see, or what we are prepared for.
I'm not entirely complaining! We're having a great time, using 4 wheel drive to get around, the kids and husband going sledding twice a day, the second time late at night, watching the beagles run around the snow like it's cat nip for dogs....What a great way to start our winter break!

Vera-Ellen! That's her name!

So sing it again, Bing, Danny, Rosemary and Vera-Ellen. Snow, snow, snow, snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment