Friday, January 9, 2009

Today's Top Ten Things To Do

1. Wash the dishes....how did we use all the plates in our house in 24 hours? It's only the four of us!

2. Three loads of laundry, at least.....when the old man is wearing his green army socks, I know it's because he's run out of white ones.

3. Put away Christmas Decor....the tree is down, but everything else is still up, including half of our outside lights, and the tree is only tossed outside our front door, so it needs some care too.

4. Reheat a cup of coffee in the microwave....not quite as good as a fresh brewed pot, but you work with what you've got.

5. Do some more craigslist surfing....I don't really need anything right now, but what if an amazing deal is sitting out there waiting for me? I don't want to miss it!

6. Sweep and mop the floors....all of them. With all the snow and now rain, it's a muddy mess outside and with two kids, two dogs and a soaking wet motorcycle riding husband, my floors are a bit on the dirty side.

7. Get lost in a romance novel....um, not sure when I'll fit this in, but I'm going to try!

8. Check meal plan....shudder at what I've written down, then dutifully get the meat out to thaw.

9. Take D to guitar.....but first, borrow a car to drive him there, since hubby was cold this morning (wonder if it has anything to do with him driving through flood waters on his motorcycle yesterday?) and asked to take our truck.

10. Waste ten minutes blogging.....when I could have been reading my book! Now "Mr. Cavendish, I Presume" will have to wait until later. And with this work load, he might have to wait until tonight before I have another moment to sit!

1 comment:

  1. The reheated coffee reminds me of Grandma D. What was for dinner, mine was better then I thought. How is the book, I am in a dry spell!

    ReplyDelete