Saturday, February 14, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You

When our kids were babies, I read some books so many times I had some of the rhyming ones memorized. I never had this one down, but I read it a million times....and sadly, every time I got to the last pages, I'd get a little teary eyed. Every time!

It expressed exactly the love I've always felt for my kids. So much so, that I incorporated the last line into a tattoo with their initials that I proudly have on my shoulder.

When I think of our babies, stretching their arms wide to say they loved us "this much" and we could stretch our arms wider, and say we loved them THAT much more....and as their mom, that has never changed. I love them more than I can tell them, more than I can show them, just more.

I still have the baby board book I read to them, and I can see myself reading it to my grand kids...and I'm pretty sure I'll still get choked up when I get to the end!

"I love you right up to the moon," he said, and closed his eyes.
"Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare.
"That is very, very far."
Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves.
He leaned over and kissed him good night.
Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile,
"I love you right up to the moon ~ and back."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you don't usually go for the heart, but when you do - you do it good!!! I'm still wiping tears away.

    ReplyDelete