Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The I Know It Looks Lame

In an effort to
1. save money
2. save the planet
3. save myself
4. get ready for a 5K walk
I have started walking to work. It's a half mile each way, which in the grand scheme of things isn't that far. I've always said I work close enough to walk, but didn't do it for so many reasons.

Like
1. I don't like to be sweaty when I get to work
2. my hair will be messed
3. I wear skirts every day
4. walking 1/2 mile in heels kind of sucks
but I started anyway. The first time was because we replaced the engine in my car (in an effort to be green and financially responsible) and I didn't have a car to drive. It wasn't hard to do, actually, and I got to work with a smile on my face, and I felt energized. I can so do this!

It's good, because I feel good. It's bad because I do arrive a bit sweaty and hot and I work in airless conditions and my mini fan blowing on me doesn't help at all. And I know it looks lame because I wear socks and tennis shoes with my skirts.

Yep, that classic look is what I'm rocking.

I could wear my pirate pants and change into a skirt at work, but
1. I don't want my skirt to be wrinkled
2. I have to buy a bigger bag to carry my things
3. I really don't want to change my clothes in the office bathroom

I've settled comfortably (mostly) on the fact that it looks lame, but the benefits are out weighing the lameness.

I think.


1 comment:

  1. I can totally see you walking in your tennis shoes and skirts, totally Working Girl! It's that or get a moped! :)

    ReplyDelete