Friday, December 28, 2012

Why I Haven't Been Writing

In this last month of holiday prep, I've been busy with the usual things.  But I've also been working very hard on this last Christmas stocking.....

Every moment that I have to sit, I'm sewing.  And when I'm sewing, I'm watching TV.  And when I'm watching TV and sewing, my mind shuts down to any thoughts other than stitches and thread color and the suspense of GH.  If I have a blink of an eye idea of a post to write, I have forgotten it by the time I get up to stretch and do the other things in life that must be done, like cooking dinner or laundry folding.

As hard as I worked, on Christmas morning this was what I was doing:
And while it is much closer to done, it's not done.  All my free time is still devoted to the stocking.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year a few days early.....if I'm staying up that late, I'm probably going to be sewing and not too interested in the ball dropping!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be a great stocking when you finish it! As far as the ball dropping? I usually sleep through it, so you're one ahead of me on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Michelle!

    Will we be able to see the stocking once it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun—and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew. This explains everything. Enjoy & happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got that...'sew'....hahaha!!! Love it. And yes, do we get to see the finished stocking?

      Ps there was no dropping of any balls on this side of the pond, plenty of dongs but no balls!

      Delete