Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day Postscript

When my husband came out of our bedroom Valentine's Day morning, he was dressed and wearing his boots. He kissed me good morning and went right outside.

I thought he must have woken up thinking about the truck he and our son are rebuilding, or maybe wanted to check out something on his BSA project.

I was stunned when he came back in with roses, candy and a card!

He said, "Happy Valentine's Day, babe."

I said, "When did you do this? I wasn't expecting anything."

He said, "Friday night. And I knew you weren't expecting it."

I said, "I don't have anything for you!" (By now I was crying a little because it was so unexpected, so romantic, so him....I was so happy!)

He said, "You let me sleep in. That was the best!"

It's amazing to me how well we know each other, sometimes better than the other person thinks. I didn't know how much I wanted roses until I saw them and he didn't know how much he wanted sleep until he woke up late. It was a truly wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment