Friday, February 15, 2008

Eye Drops Don't Come Easy

Okay, for all of my life, eye drops and I have not had a good relationship. I hate them. I can still remember my parents holding me down to put them in my eyes. As an adult, I am slightly ashamed to say that my husband has been the one to put them in for me. Only slightly ashamed, because it is kind of kinky, and kinky is cool!

Eye drops are the number one reason I do not have contacts. I'll stick to good old fashioned glasses, thank you very much.

When I go to the eye doctor, I dread the part where they dilate my eyes. You have to approach me just right, otherwise I have a seriously overwhelming urge to kick you in your shins. I barely managed to resist the urge two years ago. There was something about that gal who put the drops in that rubbed me entirely wrong. I think I hate her.

So I woke up this morning to my eye completely glued shut and feeling gross and gooey. Oh Joy! Could it be pink eye? A quick visit to the doctor confirmed it.

My first thought was, "Oh No. Eye Drops."

My husband isn't here to help, so as a 33 year old woman, I should be able to do eye drops myself. I calmly go into the bathroom and with the help of the mirror manage to get one drop in on my second try. I have my eye pried open, the drop is just dangling from the tip of the bottle, and as soon as I see it drop, I blink. Getting it right the next try was impressive.

I have to do this three times a day for five days? Eye drops don't come easy for me. This is going to be a hard week.

1 comment:

  1. A smidge TMI, now I can only picture you and Erik and eye drops as foreplay. Yikes! I didn't even think to ask how you were doing with the eye drops. Are you almost done?

    ReplyDelete