Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Addicted To Romance Novels

There. I've said it. It's all out in the open now.

I love romance novels! I've tried to be high class about it and hide the ones with the embracing couples, half undressed, with insanely cheesy names like "For the Love of a Duke" or "Romancing Miss Pruitt." If those are real novel names, I'm sorry, I didn't know. But they sound very intriguing!

I remember the very first Catherine Coulter I read way back in high school. I picked it up off the library shelf and thought, what is this about? Holy smokes, it was about romance and heaving bosoms and thrusting manhoods. Yes, truly that embarrassing.

I loved every single word!

I've decided to embrace my addiction. I will not hide my bodice rippers. I will keep them out in the library book box and proudly say, "You bet that's my book. And it's all good!" I will no longer check out literary books and keep them on hand to pretend that's my current read. Give me a good old fashioned romance novel!

I do draw the line at a cover with Fabio on it. He sort of gives me the willies. Did anyone else want the puke bowl when Fabio was on America's Next Top Model for that photo shoot? I was totally creeped out seeing all those young girls posing with him.

And if the book actually has the word "phallus" in it.....well, I'm out.

No thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment