Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bring Out The Tights

Wow! It feels like a few days ago I was thinking it was hot enough to wear shorts and now it's cold, raining and we finally turned the furnace on.

It's official. Fall is here.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fall. I do! The crisp mornings, the leaves falling, the holidays coming. It's just hard to let go of Summer: fresh air coming in through open windows, sunlight until 9 at night, BBQ's and tiki torches, birthday parties galore.....

But it is gone and fall is happening. And the true signal that Fall has started is when I look outside and think, where on earth did I put my tights?

I love my skirts and do not give them up when the weather starts to turn cold and wet. Tights are the only answer to the old problem of my legs getting chilled. Doesn't hurt things that I actually love tights. If it wasn't too freaky, I'd probably want those thick cream colored cable knit ones we had as kids. Those things were solid!

Yesterday I found my tights. Luckily for me I still have some good ones from last season since I haven't even begun to shop for new ones. It was just summer on Sunday for goodness sake!

So, welcome Fall! Bring on your worst! I'm going shopping today for new tights so I'll be ready for anything you dish out. Winter, I'll probably cave if it snows. Skirts and snow are not my idea of a match made in heaven. But Fall, you're good to go!

1 comment:

  1. I had to break out the slippers today and I was sad. Even the boys wore slippers to keep their feet warm. Until they went outside and took off their shoes. Apparently, it is still warm enough to be barefoot!

    ReplyDelete