Friday, July 9, 2010

Looking For A Few Good Towels

I remember 17 years ago (gasp!) when we were getting wedding gifts, I had so many bath towels I did not know what to do with them. So many, in fact, that some were regulated to dog care even though they were brand new.

I still have some of those towels, but as I was looking at my empty towel shelf wondering if it was just me behind on laundry or do I really not have any towels at all, I felt nostalgic for that glorious time of too many towels.

I had no idea, all those years ago, that towels would not be as plentiful in the future. I mean, come on! There are stores devoted to beds, baths, and beyonds! I can go into a store at any time to purchase new, fluffy towels. And yet, I don't do it.

Turns out, towels are one of those weird things that I don't buy for myself. The ones we have are serviceable, and if it's a mad scramble to get one of the new ones I got for my birthday last year, well, tough to the rest of the family. Since I fold the laundry, I always take a new one for myself.

I still remember the blue and pink ones I gave to the dog.

I wish I had those back. I wouldn't be so determined to have certain colors in my bathroom now. Any towel would do right now, just so I don't have to get up and do laundry first thing this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment