Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Not So Much About The Toast

As it is about the butter.

I love butter.

When I was a kid, we only had margarine. It has a completely different taste from butter. I thought I hated butter because it was so unlike what I was used to.

I also thought I hated home made bread and potato salad, but that's kids for you. Kind of weird.

Last night for snack, I had bread and butter and jam. This morning for breakfast, same thing.

Times three.

Only two of those slices of sourdough were toasted. And only one had jam on it.

I just love butter. I have the disgusting habit of frosting my bread or roll or muffin or biscuit with butter. It doesn't have to be warm, although I do love that yellow gold melting into all the nooks of a slice of bread, it just has to be the real deal.

In my food eating, I have cut back on pop, on sweet treats, on salty snacks, but I have never been able to cut out butter.

I'm all about loving life, and for me, that will include copious amounts of butter on my bread!

Rock on Butter!

1 comment:

  1. Everything's better with butter! I especially love toasted english muffins with butter. Now that I have homemade jam, I am going to need to get some!

    ReplyDelete