Friday, November 26, 2010

Bad Pie! Bad, Bad Pie!

Making pies has never been something I was nervous about. Making crust is something I was almost born doing. And I will admit here, I am a bit vain about that fact. What's the big deal? It's flour and salt, mixed with shortening and cold water.

Done and Done.

No mystery there, folks.

But sometimes it is a bit tricky. If you are tired, and maybe had a margarita or two, you might turn out a pie crust that not only doesn't look right, it does not feel right, or worse, taste right.

I tried to console myself with my Mom's words, "the harder it is to roll, the worse it looks, usually means it's delish."

In this case, that was not true. It was awful. The crust was tough and flavorless and the apples were crisp and uncooked.

Looked good though. Which makes it the worst kind of pie! Looks lovely, tastes like poo.

Okay, not quite poo.

Poo probably has more flavor.

Bad Pie!! Shame on you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sad! Was this a pie you took to Thanksgiving dinner? I myself have not mastered the art of pie making...so we have had several "bad" pies...which is probably why I usually make cobbler! :)

    ReplyDelete