Thursday, December 16, 2010

Starbursts

When I think of starbursts, I think of two things. One, a tin that sat on my grandmothers coffee table that was full of the candy and two, my sister who goes through a bag and picks out all her favorite flavors, then 'shares' the rest.

We all have our favorite flavors, though, and if I was to pick out my favorite it would be orange, yellow and pink. Not red. Red can go away completely and I'd be a happy camper!

Weeks after Halloween, our communal candy bowl had dwindled down to the rejects of candy and there at the bottom was a handful of yellow sunshine. Starbursts!

I saved them from being tossed in the trash with the rest of the ick candy and put them into my purse where they were promptly lost at the bottom of that black hole bag.

Until today, today when I'm almost desperate enough to eat a candy cane (worst candy ever, BTW), today I see a hint of yellow when I'm digging in my purse hoping to find a butterscotch candy or even a tick tack. Instead, I find three starburst candies.

I blew the purse lint off the wrappers and settle back to savor those yellow squares of perfection.

Thank goodness for a purse that hides the things you didn't know you wanted until just the right moment. It also hides the things you desperately need, but it's a purse. It's not perfect!
Starburst Fruit Chews

No comments:

Post a Comment