Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Froze My Kneecaps Off

It's a Spring Time Miracle!

The rain actually stopped, and even better, the sun came out and our wet, damp world was bathed in that glorious yellow warmth.

It also coincided with the day we were going to the Roller Derby.

My hubby suggested we take the motorcycle. It was such a beautiful day, we wouldn't get wet, but we'd be cold when we came home at night.

I thought about it and decided to go for it. It would be so much easier to find parking if we were on the bike. And I feel so much cooler when I get off the bike then when I slide out of my Mom Car.

We took the bike, and it was a bit chilly on the way there. It's tricky to layer enough clothes to be warm on a bike, because when you get to your destination you don't want to look like the Michelin Man or suffer from heat stroke inside the building.

I should have Michelined up a bit more!

It was a wee bit freezing when we went home that night. I was huddled down behind my husband, trying to avoid as much of the wind whipping past us as I could, but one part of me always gets the most of it.

My kneecaps. My poor knees, on the front lines, getting the hardest blast of arctic air....All I can say is I didn't freeze my butt off. My kneecaps, well that's a different story!

It took HOURS, and heaps of blankets, but by morning I was warm again.

It was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment