Saturday, November 1, 2008

This Is It

At the end of Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, Nora asks Nick, "Are you sorry we're missing it?"


And he replies, "This is it."


It reminded me of a story my husbands grandmother likes to tell of how when E was barely 18, engaged to me, and getting ready to ship off to boot camp, he went down to visit with her. They had a great time talking and he really showed off his love for cars by talking about the kinds he would love to have.


His grandmother was quick to point out that getting married so young, he would not have money to buy those dream cars.


E didn't hesitate to say I was worth more than the cars.


I loved that Nick said he wasn't missing anything, because their relationship was what was real and important.


And that is why Nick and Nora will be at the top of my favorite movies. That and Micheal Cerra is so cute and funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment