Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

This poster was on my wall for years when I was a kid, along with a poster of Snoopy holding a tennis racket saying, "It's amazing what a kiss on the nose will do to your opponents concentration." Every night before I went to sleep, I'd read this prayer over and over, so that 20 plus years later, I can still remember almost all of it (with a little help from Google search). It still is a prayer that flits through my mind when I am feeling blessed.

Thank you, God for each new day you give to me,
For earth and sky and sand and sea,
For rainbows after springtime showers,
Autumn leaves and summer flowers,
Winter snowscapes so serene,
Harvest fields of gold and green,
Beauty shining all around,
Lilac scent and robin sound,
Stars that twinkle high above and all the people that I love. Amen

I have so much to give thanks for this year..... my husband being home, not heading out for deployment; our fantastic, wonderful, AMAZING son and daughter; our home, our dogs, our friends and family......Life is good, with all it's twists and wrong turns, I'm grateful for every moment.

Props to the Big Man Upstairs.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the prayer was the kiss on the nose thing and realized that didn't make a lot of sense! I also thought you meant that poster mom used to have that said "insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children". Do you remember that hanging up in Arizona? Anyway, so not remember this poem at all, but love your post.

    ReplyDelete