Wednesday, April 29, 2009

To All My Good Underwear: Take One Step Forward

Ah-ah, gray pair that looks perfectly perfect, you are done for.

You are very tricky, but I think I need to get rid of you. I think that every time I've got you on, about half way through my day, but by then it is too late....

You aren't like some of my other's that should go. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. The ones that have some stray elastic wiggles from the waist band, or fuzzy strings that come out of the dryer all tangled with every single sock that was in there with them.

Nope. You, gray pair, look great, feel great. You are awesome. Except for the little teeth marks a certain chewing puppy made.

The problem is I don't want to toss a worn pair of underwear. I know, that's weird. I'm literally getting rid of them, it shouldn't matter what their cleanliness is. So I throw you in the hamper to wash before tossing and because when I find a good thing, I usually buy more than one, I have several pairs that are all the same color. When you all come out of the laundry, you all look good.

What I forget about until I wear this one pair is that those tiny teeth holes are tiny because they've been washed in hot water, and dried in the dryer, and they are shrunk down. They get bigger as the day goes on!

You must go. It's the sort of underwear you always hear mother's warning about...

Unfortunately, I've already started the vicious cycle again by tossing you into the hamper. I don't really want to dig through it to find you. Here's hoping I'll remember as I'm folding clean laundry!

But I'm sure I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment