Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Shoes I Want Versus The Shoes I Should

Today I got ready for work and the shoes I want to wear had stopped calling my name. It was more like they were screaming my name. In crazy high decibels that almost were too high for my human ears. I picked out a cute outfit and the shoes insisted they would be perfect with it.

They were right.

The problem is they are open toe, high heel, sling back. Not exactly office material.

But they are so darn cute!

My daughter and I found them on clearance for $20. And since we wear the same size, it's like I'm saving money when I buy a pair that the two of us love. One pair for two people. (I'm trying this logic out on my husband to see if it he is convinced! I'm not sure that he is.)

I put the shoes on. I took them off. I put them on and walked around the house. I took them off. I put them on and looked at myself in the mirror and yes, they went with my skirt like they were made to be paired together. I took them off.

And in the end, I went with my nice, sensible work heels. Not to high, not too drab, easy to walk two blocks up hill and back when I have an errand to run.

But all day long I thought of the ones I left behind. The shoes I wanted to wear!

I think it's time to go out on a date, dress up a little, wear my lovely new shoes..... Now that is logic I know my husband can get behind!

1 comment:

  1. I've got nothing. I don't even own high heel shoes - oh I take it back I have one and I only wear them once a year to B.'s X-mas party. I am a total wuss in the shoe department!

    ReplyDelete