Saturday, September 24, 2011

Goodnight, Summer! Goodnight, Summer! Goodnight, Summer!

We're going to leave you now.

Or are we?

September is drawing to a close, we've hit our first official date of autumn, and Summer seemed like it was on the way out the door with some cold, wet, gray days....

And then bam! Summer threw the rules out the window and blasted us with some gorgeous hot weather, albeit a little muggy, and a day so hot it didn't cool off at all through the night.

I'm loving every minute of it! I'm going to wring out the last of the hammock swinging, the front porch reading, the sunshine sitting, and the blissful feeling that a day of warm sun provides.

That does mean the housework will be put on hold again. There will be time (all too soon if I believe the weather reports) to mop the floors when the sun isn't beckoning me to venture forth.

I've got to venture forth while I can!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! Especially after yesterday's downpour. I saw a few days of sun on the forecast this week. Skirts and flip flops are to be worn, no matter how chilly it really is!

    ReplyDelete