Monday, September 19, 2011

Grandma Makes The Best...

Grandma makes the best chocolate chip cookies, lemon squares, rye bread, dilly beans, blackberry pie, blueberry cobbler, brownies and a superb pasta fruit salad. When I was newly married, living on the East Coast while the rest of my family stayed West, I desperately wanted Grandma's brownies. In my own baking experience, brownies came from a box, but I knew that wasn't how Grandma did it. Her brownies were from scratch.

Scratch! That was a puzzler for me, but I tried and failed and tried again and now have a from scratch brownie recipe of my own that I love.

But what Grandma makes the best, at this turning fall time of year, is caramel corn.

It is scrumptious. I don't need any other dessert, I don't need candy at Halloween, I don't need a sticky ball of popcorn. All I need is a ziploc bag filled to the brim with handfuls of Grandma's loose caramel corn, saved just for me.

What a treat it was to see her caramel corn at a family party yesterday, and have her tell me a baggy or two would be coming home with me, to know I would not have to wait until Halloween for my favorite treat!

There are some good things to be said about fall coming, and Grandma's Caramel Corn is at the top of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment