Thursday, April 3, 2014

C Is For Carry On

When I was a kid, I could listen to country or Christian music, and nothing else outside those homey fenced in boundaries.  I happen to love country music, so that was never a hardship.  Even though my husband and I are the same age, many of the songs that 'take him back' are completely unknown to me.

To make matters worse, my daughter is a music fiend.  She has such a wide range of likes, she often knows what song my husband is talking about!

Thanks to Supernatural, and a song that played once in the show, my daughter introduced me to Kansas and that wonderful class song, "Carry on Wayward Son."

I love it.  I mean, LOVE love it!  Sometimes when I am walking around, looking like I'm pondering deep, meaningful things, I'm really just letting this song roll around in my head.  

I just wish I actually knew more of the words other than the first line!

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I have different songs that take us back too, but we're eleven years apart in age so it kind of makes sense lol. I love Carry on Wayward Son too. My husband sang it a lot in church when he was a kid, so he doesn't really like it anymore, but I love when he sings it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song as well. I first heard it in high school, when listening to older music was considered "vintage". It's a classic!

    Jaime at Awakenings and Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can usually find fairly accurate lyrics online if you search for them. And I've always liked that song, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. Made up lyrics are sometimes better than the actual thing. Why not take a stab at it?
    Liz at Bead Contagion

    ReplyDelete