Tuesday, May 31, 2011

There Is Something Good About Sisters

Our trip to Seaside Memorial Day weekend hit its 9th go around this year. I think it might be my absolute favorite one! It's not like we did anything very different, although we did try a Mexican restaurant that looked a bit sketch but delivered fantastic food!

The weather was great, some sun, some gray skies, a few sprinkles, but no downpours!

The kids ran and swam and dug and ate and laughed. So did the grown ups.

As I drove home, I couldn't help but think about how wonderful our trips to Seaside are. And a huge reason is that I go with my sisters.

Growing up, I would never have imagined the three of us would be such good friends. We fought about everything! But somehow, in our adulthood, we became friends. We Like each other. We enjoy hanging out together. We can meet each other's eyes and wordless communicate our happiness or irritation or shock or downright giddy glee.

Our kids watch us hang out together, laughing until we can't breath, being goofy and silly, sneaking off to have a morning cup of coffee just the three of us and working together to make a vacation with four women, two teenagers, five little kids and one brother in law a totally glorious trip!

There is something so very good about sisters who make a vacation like this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment