Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home

After a bit of emergency surgery (it had been set for Monday but Sunday morning found our hospital calling in the surgical team to get it done asap) and a wonderfully gruesome picture of what they found that was causing the bleeding (from here on out referred to as a 'nubbin') and a few days of drug bliss-ed recovery, my husband is home!

There really is nothing like the power of home, even in its unswept, unwashed, undone state.  It is home and it is were healing rest can really begin.

For me too.....as my husband dozed on the couch, I curled up on the love seat across from him and napped.  I've missed hearing his snores as I drift off to sleep!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad your husband's back home with you again. Happy he's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he's home, Michelle! The power of family and home is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad they found what the problem was and fixed it! hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he's home and on the mend. What a relief for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :'-( I am such a bad blogging friend and for that I am so so sorry. I have been a little busy and a little down right lazy. In all of this I have missed you in your time of need, instead of ignoring the virtual world I should have been keeping up to date and although I don't pray much I could at least have been sending happy virtual thoughts your way.

    I am so very glad that everything has worked out ok and that you are both resting well in the comfort of home, as the saying goes 'there is no place like home' Love and hugs, all be it a little belated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad hubby is OK too. Health issues can be so frightening.

    ReplyDelete