Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wishes And Horses

I am going to turn my wishes into horses,
And ride them to the finish line.

Someday the horse will be a rip snorting bronco,
And I will be counting down the longest 8 seconds of my life.

Someday the horse will be a broken down old nag,
And I will get off and lead it on with promises of carrots and apples.

Someday the horse won't be a horse at all but an ostrich or a rhino or a sloth,
And I will decide to take a rain check on that particular horse.

I am going to turn my wishes into horses,
And ride them to the finish line.


Inspired by prompt #5 at Mama's Losin' It!


And linking up with Papa is a Preacher for TidBits Thursday.


8 comments:

  1. I love this so much I want to brush it and saddle it and ride it right around the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. And it explains the sloth in my stable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with those eight longest seconds of one's life. I just can't ever put those kinds of thoughts into poetry. Well-played.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is wonderful Michelle! I think I just might turn mine into horses too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I will see you in the finish line and shout "Congrats!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Larissa's party; nice.

    ReplyDelete