Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday Happenings

This is what I've been up to today.....
Two weeks ago, I almost took a tumble as I left the hospital after one of my husbands test.  I caught myself before I hit the pavement, and figured I was fine (no scrapped knees this time!) Last week, after my husband was finally home, and I was doing more than just sitting by his bedside, I realized my ankle hurt a bit.

Oh well, I'll just power through it.  Ice it a bit, take a few tylenol, call it good.

Except, it wasn't good, and the pain went from bearable to excruciating as I walked.  So I went  to the doctor. I was told to ice it, take some ibuprofen, and come back if it still hurt.  I realized I had to come back when I wanted to cry as I walked down the hill to our office.  After the xray showed nothing wrong, I was sent downstairs (man, I love where I work) to see the podiatrist.

Today I learned that there are several grades of sprains, mine being a simple grade 1, but due to the ligaments being so loose (sickeningly loose), I now have a wrap bandage thingy to wear for an entire month, complete with laces and velcro.  

The good news is that since I was wearing black today, it matched my outfit perfectly.  The bad news is, I don't have enough black to wear for a month.

I'll worry about that on Monday!




12 comments:

  1. Oh no! A month will pass by really soon, you'll see. I hope your ankle gets better really soon, and good for you for catching yourself. I can just see myself sprawled all over the stairs.

    Thanks for linking up Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your positive thinking is --finding the positive aspect of things that are not so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from the link party. I'm soo glad you didn't get hurt more seriously. I used to work for an ophthalmologist and I can't tell you how many times my hubby took advantage of their services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very stylish wrap you have! Visting from Larissa's link party, and enjoying your fun blog.

    Best Regards,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are hurt! I love your humor about the wearing of black! If you lived in NYC you would have a lot of it in your wardrobe. Take care..Love the name of your blog! Found you thru the Link party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - ouch! I actually winced reading through that post, poor you! Thankfully no bones were broken.


    (Found your blog through "Papa is a Preacher")

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry! At least you get to wear your regular shoes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, that is not good. Look on the bright side, black goes with everything! :D Visiting from Larissa's linky party and so happy to make your acquaintance!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch. At least you are able to coordinate with other "pieces" well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your injury. Last year I managed to have tennis elbow, Achilles tendonitis, and a shoulder problem all at the same time. I've found whining to be helpful in these circumstances. xx Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. :-( to the injury as if you don't have enough going on at the moment. I am sure a month will pass really quickly.

    I know how you feel, my ankles are stupidly weak and have just recovered from my most recent sprain! Just go with it, try a bit of personalisation; bling up the bandage a bit and make it go with anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch!! I remember when I sprained my ankle... so much pain for such a seemingly small joint. I hope you heal fast and well! Be sure to do all the recovery exercises the doctors recommend to get your ankle stronger again.

    ReplyDelete