Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Secret To Good Frozen Yogurt

When we were in Seaside, our mini fridge tended to run more towards freezing cold and as a result we had frozen dip, milk and yogurt.

The yogurt was like an exciting find! It was almost better than ice cream (Tillamook Mudslide is still the champ) and since I try to eat a yogurt every day I thought it would be cool to have some frozen at home. A good for you dessert treat, if you will.

The problem is our freezer does it's job and freezes things solid. The mini fridge only partially froze things and that difference is crucial.

Since being home, we have several cups of yogurt in the freezer. My daughter has eaten some straight from the freezer, telling me it's like eating a Popsicle. I don't want a Popsicle unless I'm super sick, or suffering from a triple digit heat wave. Next time, we zapped it in the microwave for a 5 seconds, three times. Didn't really make a difference and I didn't want to ruin the yogurt with micro waves!

Last night I decided to think ahead. I knew I'd want a sweet snack in the evening, so I took a yogurt out and let it thaw on the counter. When I ate it an hour later, it was perfect!

So, the secret to getting the perfect frozen yogurt consistency seems to be preplanning.

Which is not my specialty.

I'm beginning to think I'll have to change my procrastinating ways.........Hmm. I'll ponder on that later......


1 comment:

  1. We found a whole carton of yogurt in the freezer. Apparently, when unloading groceries I put it in there. I have been too scared to try it, but will have to now! BTW love the new look!

    ReplyDelete