Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I love summer time. It's not that I have a favorite season, because I don't really. I love them all and enjoy each one as it is happening, but summer does have the things I look forward to the most!

I have never lost the my kid enthusiasm for hot days, sticky Popsicles, sprinklers in the back yard, sidewalk chalk dust on my hands, dinner eaten outside, birthday cakes and melting ice cream, fresh corn on the cob and hammocks swinging in the breeze.

I know I am busier than ever, working at the office and getting the kids to wherever they need to be, but when the first real summer day unfolds, all of that slips away and you can find me standing outside in the early morning light, scruffy pajamas and flip flops, hair piled high in a messy bun, cup of coffee in my hand but being entirely ignored.

There is something perfect about that summer day beginning, where it whispers all sorts of delights that only summer can bring.

We've had our first summery day of the season. A bit late, but never more appreciated!

Now the countdown to the 4th of July, my daughter's birthday, our anniversary, my birthday, my son's birthday, Emma and Sarah's birthdays, and our family vacation can really begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment