Saturday, February 26, 2011

Waffleloo, Couldn't Resist If I Wanted To

I love waffles. Love 'em. Like, I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And when I have leftover squares in my fridge, I can not resist toasting them up for a breakfast treat. Or a lunch time treat. Or a late night snack treat.

I say a sign of a good waffle is that it only needs some butter to top it. I don't want to toot my own horn, but my waffles are delish with only butter. Or as my nephew is proving right now, they are good cold with nothing on them at all!

It's just that when it comes to waffles, I can't resist, even if I wanted to. I get the waffle iron out on a Saturday morning, and I want. I see the piping hot squares, fresh from the iron, and my mouth waters with want. I see them in the fridge and I want.

Waffles. It's what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

At least for today! I have a lot left over from this morning's batch. I'm trying to pace myself, spread the joy that is waffles through out the day. Since my nephew ate some for breakfast and some for his mid morning snack, I say my plan is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment