Friday, February 11, 2011

I Will Not Join A Gym

At least not until the kids are grown.

I was sitting in the parking lot of our local athletic club, waiting for my daughter and her robotics club to get done testing their robots out in the pool. I watched all sorts of people walk in and out of the club: young and old, thin and not so thin, and I thought about how it was an easy 15 minute or less drive here from our house. I could easily do it.

I started calculating when I could do it, figuring 30 minutes for driving, an hour for gym time, and I just don't have 1.5 hours to carve out of my day. I take an hour in the morning to exercise. If I'm at home, the kids have access to me for saying things like, "I need a check for lunch money" or "have you seen my shoes"..... And in the evenings we eat dinner together, we watch our shows together, we snack on popcorn or ice cream together. We are really a family that does things together.

The thing is, it's time away from the kids. And I don't have that much time left while they are still "kids"

There will be plenty of time later to work out at a gym and loose the baby weight. Sure...it might be 20 years after the last baby by the time I loose it, but that's okay.

It's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment