Friday, July 8, 2011

The Art Of Procrastination

There is an art to procrastination. It takes talent and gumption and skill.

First, I make a do-able list of the things I want to get done. On a lazy day off of work, I make the list not so terrible, like iron the 17 shirts, 2 skirts, and 1 pair of shorts that have taken up residence on my desk. I can iron and watch TV. Not too bad for a lazy day off work.

I can also throw some laundry in the wash. Folding the dry clothes can be done between breaks of book reading.

I throw in some fun errands like picking up books at the library, and go buy some peaches and cherries and yogurt and toilet paper at the grocery store.

All mixed in with that list of things to do is the idea that I will work on my scrap booking. I've got a plan, a will and a way.

So......of course, instead, I have to decide this morning is the morning the dogs and I will walk a long, long, long walk and eat up a an hour of our morning. I have to search craigslist for things I don't need but as soon as I see them, I desperately want them. Then I have to write some blog posts. Then I have to wander around picking up stray scraps of paper and sorting them into piles.

The next thing I know, it's four hours since I got up and all I can show for it is three worn out dogs, 4 piles of paper, and the clothes to iron has changed its location from the desk to the couch.

Artfully done, once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment