Sunday, April 29, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

I have spent the last 8 hours with family, namely my parents and grandparents, and quite a bit of it in the van (with me in the very way back, reserved for the youngest of the group....today I was that lucky youngster) to see my talented cousin and her children perform in their church production of "The Sound Of Music."  

It was awesome!  Well worth the scramble into the third row seat, the risk of car sickness, the early arrival time to get good seats (which we got) and the need to fan myself with the program because it was a little stuffy in the auditorium.

I love "The Sound Of Music."  I love the songs and have always wanted to attend a sing-a-long showing of the movie (but hesitate because hard core fans attend this, usually in costume, and I am not a costume kind of gal) but now I think I'll have to.  It was impossible to keep myself from mouthing the words to the songs being sung!

At the end, when the audience (us!) was encouraged to join in singing "Edelweiss" during the Salzburg Festival scene, I was grateful to finally give voice to the words I'd been holding back!  

And now I know what I want for Mother's Day!  I want to sit down with my kids and hubby, with a big bowl of buttered popcorn and a side of sourpatch kids, and watch Julie Andrews win our hearts as Maria.  I can hardly wait!


3 comments:

  1. I love the Sound Of Music also. How great it was to see your family.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did love the music in the sound of music--your blog title--the song- has such extreme, meaning to our family--:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of embarrassing to admit this, but I've never actually seen The Sound of Music other than a random clip here or there. Glad you had a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete